Umrah Visa From Bangladesh- How To Apply For a Visa From Bangladesh
If you are a Bangladeshi Muslim who is able to perform Umrah, it is recommended that you do so. It is an experience that you will never forget and brings about great rewards.
Here we will inform you about all there is to know about getting a visa for Umrah from Bangladesh. You will know what exactly is Umrah, and what are the requirements for getting an Umrah visa.
What is Umrah?
Umrah is a lesser pilgrimage to Mecca that can be undertaken without restriction to number of years, in contrast to the Hajj, which has specific dates according to the Islamic lunar calendar.
Umrah is sometimes considered the “lesser pilgrimage”, in that it is not compulsory in all Islam schools of thought but is still highly recommended. It is mandatory according to the Hanbalis.
You can complete Umrah in a few hours while Hajj takes a days to complete. Both are demonstrations of the solidarity of the Muslim people, and their submission to Allah (God). But you should note that Umrah is not meant to be interpreted as a substitute for Hajj.
The rituals of Umrah are as follows:
- Ihram: The pilgrim enters the state of Ihram by making a declaration of intention and by putting on two pieces of seamless white cloth.
- Tawaf: The pilgrim walks seven times around the Kaaba, the cubical structure in the center of the Masjid al-Haram.
- Sa’i: The pilgrim walks seven times between the hills of Safa and Marwah.
- Halq and Tawsir: The pilgrim shaves their head or cuts a lock of hair.
Umrah is a time for Muslims to reflect on their faith, to pray for forgiveness, and to renew their commitment to Islam. It is also a time for Muslims to come together and to celebrate their common faith.
There are many benefits to performing Umrah. Some of the benefits include:
- Spiritual purification:Umrah is a time for Muslims to cleanse their hearts and minds of sin.
- Forgiving of sins:Umrah is a means of seeking forgiveness from Allah.
- Reward:Umrah is a highly rewarding act of worship.
- Social bonding:Umrah is a time for Muslims to come together and to build relationships with other Muslims.
- Cultural experience: Umrah is a chance to experience the Islamic culture and heritage of Mecca.
Is Bangladesh eligible for Umrah e-visa?
Bangladesh is eligible for Umrah e-visa. Bangladeshi nationals can apply for an Umrah e-visa online through the Saudi Arabia Ministry of Hajj and Umrah website. The visa processing is simple and straightforward, and the visa is usually issued within a few days.
To apply for an Umrah e-visa, you will need to provide the following information:
- Your passport number
- Your date of birth
- Your nationality
- Your email address
- Your contact information
- Your travel dates
You will also need to upload a recent passport-style photo.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an email notification with your visa status. If your visa is approved, you will be able to print it out and take it with you to Saudi Arabia.
For more information on Umrah e-visas, please visit the Saudi Arabia Ministry of Hajj and Umrah website.
Can I perform Umrah without an Umrah visa?
A visa is required to perform Umrah and Hajj. The Hajj and Umrah visas are required for all non-Saudi citizens who wish to travel to Saudi Arabia for the purpose of performing Hajj and Umrah.
The visa for Hajj and Umrah is issued by the Saudi Arabian government and can only be obtained through authorised travel agents or tour operators.
To obtain a Hajj or Umrah visa, applicants must fulfil certain visa requirements, such as having a valid passport, being of a certain age, and having proof of their travel itinerary and accommodation arrangements.
In addition, applicants may be required to provide a certificate of vaccination against certain diseases, such as meningitis.
Can I get an Umrah Vsa on arival?
Saudi Arabia issues a multiple-entry Umrah Visa on Arrival which is an electronic visa valid for up to 1 year. The Saudi e-visa allows individuals to stay in the country for up to 90 days per visit. Individuals can perform Umrah outside of the Hajj season using this e-visa.
Obtaining an Umrah e-visa is easy. You can get this type of visa on the spot from one of the visa-on-arrival counters at the entry points in major cities such as Medina, Riyadh, and Jeddah in Saudi Arabia. You can also apply for this visa online.
The visa charges as of 2023 are 480 Saudi Riyal ($127; TK 13,894) which also includes insurance coverage. The requirement for Umrah Visa on Arrival is the same as for Saudi e-visa. You can get this visa if you are from one of the eligible countries mentioned above and hold a six-month valid passport.
Please note that you must also have a return ticket to apply for an Umrah visa on arrival. Also, payment of the Umrah on arrival visa can only be done using a credit card
You can find more information about Saudi e-visa and Umrah visa on arrival on the Saudi Ministry of Hajj and Umrah’s webpage.
How to apply online for a Umrah visa from Bangladesh?
Here are the steps required to get an Umrah visa from Bangladesh:
Check your eligibility
Check your eligibility on the Saudi Arabia Ministry of Hajj and Umrah website.
Gather your documents
You will need to gather the following documents to apply for Hajj and Umrah visas:
- Passport: Your passport must be valid for at least six months from the date of your travel.
- Passport-size photo: You will need to submit a recent passport-size photo.
- Visa application form: You can download the visa application form from the Saudi Arabia Ministry of Hajj and Umrah website.
Apply for your visa
You can apply for your visa online or at a Saudi Arabian embassy or consulate. If you apply online, you will need to submit your application form, passport, photo, and visa fee. If you apply at a Saudi Arabian embassy or consulate, you will need to submit your application form, passport, photo, and visa fee in person.
Wait for your visa to be processed
The processing time for an Umrah visa from Bangladesh is usually 3-5 days.
Receive your visa
Once your visa is approved, you will receive it by email or in the mail.
Here are some additional tips for getting an Umrah visa from Bangladesh:
- Make sure your passport is valid. Your passport must be valid for at least six months from the date of your travel.
- Submit a clear passport-size photo. Your photo must be clear and recent.
Umrah visa processing time for Bangladeshi citizens
The processing time for an Umrah visa from Bangladesh is usually 5-10 days. The visa application process can take more days, so it is important to apply early. You need to be patient to receive the Umrah visa from the embassy.
Umrah visa price from Bangladeshi citizens
The Umrah visa fee in set by the government of Saudi Arabia. As of 2023, the visa fee is Tk 23,000 (USD 215) The visa fee must be paid to obtain an Umrah visa. This fee is subject to change, so it is important to check the local Ministry of Hajj and Umrah website for the most up-to-date information.
What documents are required for an Umrah visa from Bangladesh
What documents are required for an Umrah visa from Bangladesh?
To obtain an Umrah visa from Bangladesh, the following documents are generally required:
- Passport: A valid passport with at least six months of validity beyond the date of travel is required.
- Passport-sized photograph: Two recent passport-sized photographs with a white background are required.
- Visa application form: A completed visa application form, which can be obtained from the authorised travel agent or tour operator.
- Proof of travel arrangements: This may include air line tickets and hotel reservations. You must book a flight ticket weeks before applying for the visa.
- Vaccination certificate: A certificate of vaccination against certain diseases, such as meningitis, is usually required.
- Identity proof: A copy of the applicant’s national ID card or other government-issued identification may be required.
- Authorisation letter: If the applicant is not traveling with a mahram (a male relative), an authorisation letter from the mahram is required.
It is important to note that the specific requirements and procedures for obtaining an Umrah visa may vary depending on the current policies and regulations of the Saudi government.
How to check the status of your Umrah Visa?
To check the status of your Umrah visa in Bangladesh, you can visit the Saudi MOFA (Ministry of Foreign Affairs) portal and select the barcode option.
Then, choose ‘Passport Number’ and ‘First Name’ as your first and second values , respectively, and provide the required information. This should allow you to conveniently check the status of your Umrah visa online.
Alternatively, you can contact the Bangladeshi Embassy for the latest information on obtaining an Umrah visa and checking its status.
What is the difference between Saudi E visa and Umrah visa?
Saudi Arabia offers two types of visas for visitors: the electronic visa (e-visa) and the Umrah visa. The biggest difference between the two types of visas is their purpose and duration.
- Electronic Visas: The e-visa is a single-entry tourist visa that allows visitors to enter Saudi Arabia for tourism, business, transit, or medical purposes. The tourist visa is typically valid for 3 months and can be extended for an additional 3 months. To apply for an e-visa, visitors must complete an online application form, upload the required documents, and pay a fee. The tourist visa is issued electronically and does not require a physical visa sticker.
- Umrah Visa: The single-entry visa Umrah allows visitors to enter Saudi Arabia specifically to perform the Islamic pilgrimage to Mecca (Umrah). It is typically valid for 30 days during the months of pilgrimage and 2 months during the off-season. To apply for an Umrah visa, visitors must complete an online application form, upload the required documents, and pay a fee. The Umrah visa is issued electronically and does not require a physical visa sticker.
In summary, the e-visa is a more general visa that can be used for various purposes, while the Umrah visa is a more specific visa that is exclusively used for the Islamic pilgrimage to Mecca.
Can I get an Umrah visa from Bangladesh without an agent/ travel agency?
A travel agent or agency can facilitate the visa processing steps to get an Umrah visa from Bangladesh and offer various Umrah packages.
However, you don’t need to get the services of the agent to get an umrah visa. You can apply for the visa without any help from an Umrah agency office.
How can I get an Umrah visa from Bangladesh without an agent/ travel agency?
It is possible for Bangladeshi residents to obtain an Umrah visa to perform the Islamic pilgrimage to Mecca in Saudi Arabia. The following are the general steps to obtain an Umrah visa from Bangladesh without a travel agency for Hajj or Umrah visa:
- Secure passport: Make sure you have a valid passport with at least 6 months of validity. Your passport must have enough blank pages for the Saudi Arabia visa stamp.
- Gather necessary documents: You will need to have a copy of your passport, a passport-sized photograph, and a visa application form. You can download the visa application form from the Saudi consulate website.
- Apply for the Umrah visa: You can apply for the Umrah visa by visiting the Saudi embassy or consulate in Bangladesh. You will need to submit your passport, photo, and visa application form, along with the required fee. The Umrah visa is usually valid for 30 days during the Umrah season and up to 90 days during the off-season.
- Plan your trip: Once you receive your Umrah visa, start planning your trip to Saudi Arabia. It’s important to plan your itinerary and bookings in advance to avoid any last-minute issues. Make sure you have all the necessary documents, such as your passport and Umrah visa, with you before you depart.
It’s important to note that the steps required to obtain an Umrah visa may vary depending on individual circumstances, and it’s important to check with the Saudi embassy or consulate in Bangladesh for the most up-to-date information and requirements.
Explore our additional visa Umrah guides tailored for various countries
Summary – Umrah visa from Bangladesh
Visa is necessary to perform Umrah and Hajj in Saudi Arabia. Muslims residing in Bangladesh may perform Umrah on a tourist or Umrah visa by the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA).
You can apply for a Hajj and Umrah visa online or through a travel agency. But before you apply for the visa, it’s important to review the visa requirements and ensure that your passport is valid and meets the necessary criteria