Umrah Fund 2022 FAQ's
Journey Timetable 🗓️
What should my Ihram clothing be made out of? 👖
Men: When it comes to Ihram clothing, this is the two piece white clothing for men which come in a couple of materials. We advise you to purchase an Ihram that is made of cotton, as this is heavier to keep you warm at night and absorbs your body sweat during the day.
Women: Your Ihram clothing will be the clean clothes you wear before you verbally make an intention of Umrah. They should be loose, cover your hands, neck and feet and should be free from any images. Plain is best. You should wear these before leaving for the airport.
Purchasing your Ihram garments? 👕🧥
You MUST purchase your own Ihram garments before arriving at the airport. If you forget to do this, you will not be able to complete your Umrah with the group.
Men: You need to an Ihram garment set from any local Islamic shop.
Women: As above, your clean clothing will become your Ihram.
What footwear should I wear for Ihram? 👞
There are several rulings on what is allowed for men to wear as footwear while in Ihram. The view we will take here is that the protruding bone (In step) must be exposed when wearing footwear. Footwear is always taken off and left inside drawstring bags when you walk into the masjid. We will provide you with drawstring bags at the airport.
Men: Wear flip flop style sandals that are strapless so that they do not cover the ankles either. Sliders or trainers are not allowed.
Women: There are no rules so women are free to wear anything which is comfortable. We recommend trainers and or comfortable sandals.
Clothing and footwear outside of Ihram👖
Apply the following rules when thinking about the clothes to wear outside of Umrah:
- Clothing should always be free of images, faces and profanity, logos are fine,
- You do not need to wear thobes or abayas – but these are highly recommended due to the weather,
- Women should not be exposing their arms, legs or necks – wear loose clothing that covers you well,
- Do not bring expensive garments and accessories with you,
- Bags – You should bring one small side bag with you – the Pilgrim team will give you drawstring bags,
You will be able to wear shoes outside of the masjid. You are not allowed to wear shoes inside the Masjid or at the Mataf area (lower ground near the Kabah). There are some external parts of the Masjid such as the top courtyard where some parts shoes are allowed to be worn.
Bring shoes that are:
- Easy to put on and take off,
- Comfortable for you,
- Will fit n a small drawstring back that the Pilgrim will will give you,
What are the rules of Ihram? 🤔
The rules for men and women when you have entered Ihram are the same. Watch this video to learn what you cannot do in Ihram.
Do I need a backpack?🎒
Bring a small travel pouch as demonstrated in the workshop. There are also specific Umrah bags you can purchase from Islamic shops or online. This is mainly for your personal belongings – phone, money etc. The Pilgrim team will provide all Umrah Fund Pilgrims with several drawstring bags upon departure at Heathrow Airport. These are light and can be used to carry your diary, water and other essential items.
How much money should I bring with me? 💸
Your flights, visas, breakfast, transport and hotels are costed into the package. The following are items you should account for when thinking about how much money you should take with you:
- Daily Lunch – average meal is £4
- Daily Dinner – average meal is £6
- Shopping and gifts – ranges depending on what you are seeking
- Abayas and thobe cost around £8 – £25
- Any taxi costs for 2nd Umrah – £12 – £15
- Bottled water is provided in your hotel room,
- ZamZam water is freely available in the two holy mosques,
Money Exchange and Cards: Currency exchanges are dotted around all sites in Makkah and Madinah. ATM machines also are readily available. Be mindful that your bank may charge you fees to withdraw money outside of the UK.
📝 Note: If you own a Mozno or Starling account, we recommend you keep your funds on this and use this card to either make purchases or withdraw cash out there, as these usually have the best exchange rates internationally.
Who will I share a room with? 🛏️
Unless otherwise agreed, you will be sharing rooms in triples. The Pilgrim team will pair you with two people in the group. Depending on the environment, we may swap for Madinah. Men will be in rooms together and women will be in rooms together.
What is our journey schedule? 📅
- Departure Date: 10th May 2022
- Arriving in Makkah: 11th May 2022
- Umrah Completion: 11th May 2022
- Arriving in Madinah: 16th May 2022
- Returning to London: 21st May 2022
Flight Schedule: Outward Journey 🛫
Leg 1️⃣: LONDON TO AMMAN
Airline: Royal Jordanian
Flight: RJ 112
Date: 10 MAY 2022
Airport Arrival Time: 1:30 PM
Departure Time: 5:05 PM
Arrival in Jordan: 00:10 AM
Leg 2️⃣: AMMAN TO JEDDAH
Airline: Royal Jordanian
Flight: RJ 708
Date: 11 MAY 2022
Departure Time: 04:40 AM
Arrival in Jeddah: 06:50 AM
Flight Schedule: Return Journey 🛬
Leg 1️⃣: MEDINAH TO AMMAN
Airline: Royal Jordanian
Flight: RJ 723
Date: 21 MAY 2022
Departure Time: 06:10 AM
Leg 2️⃣: AMMAN TO LONDON
Airline: Royal Jordanian
Flight: RJ 111
Date: 21 MAY 2022
Arrival in London: 15:25 PM
Luggage Allowances: 🛄
The following are your luggage allowances. Please take care to ensure you remain within the allowance so that you do not incur additional charges.
- Two checked luggages, each weighing a maximum of 23KG
- The dimensions of one piece must not exceed 158 cm (62 inches),
- One hand luggage weighing up to 10KG
- ZamZam: You will be allowed to bring back one 5L ZamZam which is separate to your luggage allowance,
📝 Note: The maximum weight on any baggage is 23KG. Bags weighing more than 23KG will not be accepted onto the flight.
What apps do I need to download?📱
Please download the following applications to your smartphone, we will be using these applications throughout the trip. You may already have some of these applications downloaded.
- Tawakalna – Apple / Android
- Eatmarna: Apple / Android
- Telegram: Apple / Android
- Whatsapp: Apple / Android
📝 Note: Now join the following Telegram group: https://t.me/+J0qcdv_bFR1mOWY0
Other Important Items You Will Need: 📑
- You must bring a smartphone with you
- Your smartphone should be unlocked as you will need to buy a data sim when we land
- Bring a set of earphones that are compatible with your smartphone with you
Room Etiquettes ❤️
It is fitting the a Muslim to be conscious of their surroundings and to be mindful of those around you. For this reason, below are a recommended set of guidances that we ask you adhere to:
- Ask permission before making calls – This includes voice calls or video calls when inside your room. Where possible calls in the lobby area of the hotel. Wifi will be readily available throughout the hotels we stay in.
- Keep your rooms tidy – This includes making sure you keep your belongings in designated spaces in your room. This also includes chucking away rubbish and not leaving it in your room.
- Allow Others To Rest – You should always be mindful of allowing others in your room to rest and sleep. If one person is resting and the other individuals in the room want to speak, you should take your conversation to the lobby.
- Snoring And Health – We all have different health needs and some people may have snoring difficulties. If you are someone who snores please bring with you tools to help you reduce the impact of your snoring. If you are a light sleeper – bring with you earphones or earplugs which can help you drown out any loud noise from snorers in your room. Everyone will experience some discomfort and this is part and parcel of traveling as a group and building bonds.
- Food Consumption – If all Pilgrims in the room are eating together it’s ok to take food to you room. Otherwise, always ask permission before taking hot food to your room. As always, chuck away rubbish when done and do not leave food lying around in the room.
Workshops and Sessions 👨🏫
- Know the schedule – We will share with you the programme schedule beforehand. You should familiarise yourself with this. It is not good enough to say ‘I didn’t know’. Please ensure you are aware of the activities we will be carrying out throughout the week,
- Be on time – Turning up on time to workshops and sessions is demanded from all Pilgrims. We will always inform you in advance of the time and location to meet. You should ensure you arrive at the latest 5 minutes before the session begins. If you for some reason are caught up, you should communicate this to the Pilgrim team,
- Be Attentive – The Pilgrim team invest substantial time in planning workshops and sessions. During all sessions, you should be 100% attentive and engaged. It is disrespectful for you to be engaged in other activities such as replying to messages or browsing social media when taking part in workshops or sessions,
Language and Speech 🌐
- English First – We ask all Pilgrims to speak in English. The only time you can speak in Bengali is if you are alone with the person you are conversing with and both of you welcome the discussion in another language,
- Profanity – In no circumstances should there be any profanity during the trip. Any Pilgrim caught using profanity during the trip will be addressed by the team,
- Concerns and Complaints – If you have any concerns, questions or complaints about anything you experience, including any engagements with other Pilgrims, please bring this to the attention of Zain or Imran,
🧠 Umrah Niyyah (Making Intention)
Dua: Labbayk Allahumma Umrah
Translation: O Allah! Here I am to perform Umrah
Umrah Niyyah (Loop)
🔁 How to recite the Talbiyah (Explainer)
Dua: Labbayka llahumma labbayk, Labbayka la sharika laka labbayk, inna l-hamda wa n-ni’mata, laka wa l-mulk, la sharika lak
Translation: Here I am, O Allah, at Your service. Here I am,, You have no partner, Here I am,. Truly all praise, favour, and sovereignty are Yours. You have no partner.
Reciting the Talbiyah (Loop)
🚶Starting Tawaf (Explainer)
Dua: Bismillahi Allahu Akbar
Translation: I begin in the name of Allah.
Starting Tawaf (Loop)
3️⃣-4️⃣ Tawaf Sunnah Dua (Explainer)
Dua: Rabbana Atina Fid Dunya Hasanah, wa fil akhirati hasanah, wa qina Azab annar,
Translation: O Allah, grant us the best in the world and the best in the next world, and protect us from the punishment of hellfire.
Tawaf Sunnah Dua (Loop)
⛰️ Dua Approaching Mount Safa (Explainer)
Dua: Inna s-safa wa l-marwata min sha’a’iri llah. Abda’u bima bad’allahu bihi.
Translation: Indeed, Safa and Marwah are among the Signs of Allah (SWT). I start with that which Allah has begun with.
Dua Approaching Mount Safa (Loop)
🔝 Dua At Each Mountain Top (Explainer)
Dua: Allaahu akbar, Allaahu akbar, Allaahu akbar laa ilaaha ill-allaahu waḥdahu laa shareeka lah, lahul-mulku wa lahul-ḥamdu wa huwa ‛alaa kulli shay’in qadeer, laa ilaaha ill-allaahu waḥdahu, anjaza wa‛dahu, wa naṣara ‛abdahu, wa hazam-al-’aḥzaaba waḥdah
Translation: Allah is the greatest, Allah is the greatest. None has the right to be worshipped except Allah, alone, without partner. To Him belongs all sovereignty and praise and He is over all things omnipotent. None has the right to be worshipped except Allah alone. He fulfilled His promise, aided His Servant and single-handedly defeated the allies.
What is the Dua for Ihram?
How I do Tawaf?
Can I wear a facemask in Ihram?
How do men tie the Ihram garments?
The Talbiyah: How do you say it?
What do you do if your wudhu breaks during Tawaf?
Dua For Starting Sai From Mount Safa:
When we arrive at Mount Safa to begin out Sai, we will begin by reciting the following. This is Page 23 on your diaries (the below image is an updated version which reduces the Arabic).